- Skin Affix is a sterile, high viscosity liquid topical skin adhesive used to close simple lacerations, wounds and minimally invasive surgical incisions
- It is comprised of a proprietary 2 octyl- cyanoacrylate, which polymerizes within minutes for a secure and strong wound closure
- Designed to save time during wound repair, provide a flexible, water-resistant, microbial barrier, and eliminate the need for suture removal
- The applicator is designed to provide versatile coverage with less adhesive material, and the dark violet tint makes application easy
- Skin Affix is water resistant and will remain on the skin for 5-10 days and will slough off naturally for greater patient comfort
STEP ONE: ACTIVATE DEVICE
STEP TWO: PRIME DEVICE
STEP THREE: APPLY ADHESIVE
Continue to hold the wound edges together for approximately 60 seconds. Do not apply dressings or gowns until SkinAffix is completely dry (approx. 2mins).
How To Care For Your Wound
- Keep the wound dry. Do not soak or scrub the wound area. To dry, gently pat with a soft towel or cloth. If bandaged, keep the bandage dry or replace if it becomes wet.
- Avoid topical medications. Do not apply liquid or ointment medications, lotions, creams, petroleum jelly, mineral oils or any other product to your wound while Skin Affix adhesive film is in place.
- Do not rub, scratch or pick at the wound. Doing so may prevent the wound from closing appropriately and cause scarring.
- Protect the wound from prolonged sunlight exposure. Do not use tanning lamps while the film is in place.
- Check the wound appearance. Some swelling, redness and pain are common with all wounds and normally will go away as the wound heals. Contact your doctor immediately if swelling, redness or pain increases; if the wound feels warm to the touch; or if the wound edges reopen or separate.
- Skin Affix will naturally shed itself between 5 and 10 days after the procedure. By this time, your wound should be sufficiently healed.
ALL ORDERS SHIP FOR FREE!
Type of carrier used is dependent on location. UPS and FedEx are our preferred national couriers.
All orders are processed within 1 to 2 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) after receiving your order confirmation email. You will receive another notification when your order has shipped.
All orders placed after 6pm CST will be processed the next business day.
When your order has shipped, you will receive an email notification from us which will include a tracking number you can use to check its status. Please allow 48 hours for the tracking information to become available.
If you haven’t received your order within 7 days of receiving your shipping confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com with your name and order number, and we will look into it for you.